Welcome!

A
big sparkly hello and welcome to my blog! I design and make Wedding Stationery www.katelewisdesign.co.uk
My blog is a little bit 'higgledypiggledy' (and no doubt full of spelling mistakes) but I see this as my digital sketchbook - disorganised, but a little bit special! Within my blog there is a lot of wedding loveliness and plenty of fabulous things & people that I love!
I hope you enjoy my ramblings.......love Kate x

Friday 15 June 2012

Friday Feature! Abywillow



Today's Friday Feature is Abywillow who make very pretty fabric letters and other lovely things. Take a look...........



  • About you......who you are, what you like, what you don’t like…. Basically anything you want to share
Hello – I’m Aby Hoskison, I am 29 and I live in Derbyshire.  I sometimes think I was born in the wrong era as I love -
*    Noir films especially Double Indemnity and Blue Dahlia
*    Murder Mysteries – Miss Marple, Poirot, Morse…
*    Baking – bread, cakes, pastries and sometimes pies
*    Craft in many forms – especially crocheting
*    Car booting and renovating the junk treasures I find
*    Reading and history especially Social and Feminist
*    My tortoise Sylvio (was Sylvia but found out she was a he!)

  • About your company...... 
Abywillow began when my Niece, Isabelle, was born.  My sister wanted some fabric letters that were good quality, in subtle shades and affordable and we struggled to find them so I said “I can make them” and it grew from there.



As it was an ‘unplanned’ business start-up I was initially living and working in 1 room – which was less than ideal! We have since moved house and I now have an attic room workshop which is fantastic – I love the room and look forward to getting to work.

The letters have evolved, they are now padded and are available in many colours and patterns but I still ensure
*     I use great quality fabrics
*     I provide affordable, high quality items
*     I sell products I would love to own myself!



I think my products reflect my style which has old fashioned values/inspiration in a modern setting.  I love providing a personalised service and I often spend a lot of time with customers scanning fabric choices to find the perfect combination for their letters.  The arrival of a baby is such an exciting time and I love being a small part of this.



I have expanded the range of items I sell and I now also sell smaller, wooden fabric letters, fantastic cake toppers and bunting.
I think there are so many mass produced, identical items that to have something made by hand to your specifications that will last is really special and shows lots of love.





You can find lots more pictures at www.facebook.com/abywillow

And you can make purchases on Ebay at http://tinyurl.com/87j4csx or by searching by seller Abywillow



  • What or who inspires you?
Strong women inspire me especially unsung, non-famous people who quietly do their thing
*     My friend Ruth who has done the BEST job of single handedly bringing up her daughter, who is a star!

  • Top 3 on your wish list right now?
I’m very lucky already… but
1.      I’d love my own website
2.      A 1950s Kitchen larder unit
3.      A free weekend to go to Wales with my Boy!




  • Tell us your best/ funniest joke…………go on its Friday!
I can never remember jokes so it is lame!

Why was the sand crying? Because the sea weed



  • What do you have planned for this weekend?
It is my Dad’s 60th Birthday and my 2 sisters and I are taking him away for the week – I can’t tell you where as he doesn’t know and he’ll be reading this… the surprise is killing him!



  • Finally (thank Chrunchie) what gives you that ‘Friday-Feeling’?
A great film, a massive bowl of popcorn and cosiness on the sofa – perfect.


I'd like to say a massive "THANKS" to Aby for wanting to be featured and for sharing all of this with us. I hope you agree that her beautiful handmade letters are amazing!

Have a great weekend.

Love Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your thoughts on this blog post! (But please do not advertise your own product or company it really is just bad manners!!)
Love Kate x