Welcome!

A
big sparkly hello and welcome to my blog! I design and make Wedding Stationery www.katelewisdesign.co.uk
My blog is a little bit 'higgledypiggledy' (and no doubt full of spelling mistakes) but I see this as my digital sketchbook - disorganised, but a little bit special! Within my blog there is a lot of wedding loveliness and plenty of fabulous things & people that I love!
I hope you enjoy my ramblings.......love Kate x

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Wedding Wonder of the Week: Cerendipity

 Happy Wednesday! 

I have a fantastic weddingy treat for you today, the lovely Candice from Cerendipity is my Wedding Wonder of the Week!


·         Tell me a bit about yourself and your company.

Well, I’m originally from South Africa and have now lived in the UK for nearly 10 years. I moved here just before I got married and live in Milton Keynes with my hubby and 3 kids. I love planning and organising and after a long ‘badgering’ from my mom I decided to start an events company. Cerendipity is now one and I still love every minute of my job. It’s all very exciting especially having been nominated for a wedding award that I didn’t even expect.



·         Are you married and if so will you share some of your details?
Yes, I have been married for 9 years in October (Gosh that seems like a long time when I read it back).  I planned my wedding all on my own but was definitely way too young and too naive to take it all on. There is something exhilarating about planning your own wedding and doing everything yourself but I would definitely have had a planner if I knew what one was back then. My gorgeous little girls were my flower-girls and my dress was gold with gold lace roses ... I like to be different so I was different! Marriage is hard work sometimes but I definitely wouldn’t change a thing. We still go on date nights once a week now that our eldest can babysit ;0)







·         What attracted you to working in the wedding industry?
I love weddings and happy endings but am a planner by nature so being a wedding planner is just like a match made in heaven. I love what I do and planning or organising anything makes me happy. Although part of my business plan is to branch out in all types of events I decided to start with weddings because ... I have to admit ... that I am a true romantic!

·         What is your favourite part of working with bride & grooms (to-be)?
The best part is helping a couple have the day they want to have and seeing it all come together. I’m a real sucker for romance and it makes me all happy inside when I watch couples enjoying their day and seeing that they are happy with the outcome.

·         What is your most favourite wedding theme at the moment?
I don’t actually have a favourite truth be told. Vintage is one favourite but I also love the fun and funky. Something different. Other favourite themes include Winter Wonderland and even Alice in Wonderland.

·         Top wedding tip?
I have three really:
One ... It’s your day so remember its about what you want and it’s the perfect time to inject your own personalities. Remember too that it’s probably as important to him and he should be part of the planning.
Two ... Create a budget no matter how much you have to spend. And do whatever you can to stick to it. Don’t ever be afraid to ask for discounts etc. because if you don’t ask ... you won’t get it.
Three ... Before you do or buy anything, take out wedding insurance. Especially with the recession still in the background, you never know how handy it can be.

·         What do you think the next big wedding trends might be?
The list can go on and on but coloured wedding gowns, bright colour schemes and heirloom bouquets are my predictions ...


·         Where can we find your fabulous company?
I’m based in Milton Keynes but travel throughout the UK.
Tel: 01908 507255   |  07805979112
 You can also find Cerendipity on facebook and Twitter!

·         What are your plans for the future?
I have a few things up my sleeve but I am definitely here to stay. I am very fortunate to know and work with some fabulous suppliers and look forward to growing with and learning from them. I really do love what I do and that I am able to give to others, so my main wish is to be able to continue what I love doing and making a difference and growing my company into a well known name.
I'd like to say a huge thank you to Candice for letting us into her life a little! 
Also congratulations on getting to the final of the Ice The Cake Awards in the Most Inspirational category! Good Luck I've already voted for you x

Love Kate x

1 comment:

I would love to know your thoughts on this blog post! (But please do not advertise your own product or company it really is just bad manners!!)
Love Kate x